Friday, October 17, 2008

Thank You God


We all have those "Stop and Smell the Roses" moments in our life. Those times when we just need to pause from the hectic pace of our lives and enjoy the little things. I had one of those moments this morning. I woke up late and was rushing around getting Chris's lunch packed for school, answering a couple emails, and trying to get out the door to meet Val for our walk. As I hustled by the kitchen window I could see the glow of this mornings sunrise on the horizon. I stopped everything.....grabbed my camera....and went out on the back step and enjoyed the precious gift God had given me this morning. It was just beautiful. I am going to try and take more of those moments. We are so busy that we often let those moments pass and then regret that we did. I am going to try to learn to savor those moments.

2 comments:

Kevin Jackson said...

I miss Moses Lake sunrises and sunsets. Sometimes we get unusually beautiful ones here, but most of the times the mountains don't allow it.

It's hard to believe that the same God that made sunsets created things like the praying mantis. Horrifying!

But at the same time, God didn't create the universe in jest, did he?

I guess I've been reading too much Annie Dillard. Good stuff.

Lyle and Mary: said...

I too miss those Moses Lake sunrise and sunsets, but I don't miss all the dust that helps make them so beautiful.
I've also learned if you want to enjoy any horizon scene, don't buy a north/south facing home!