Sunday, August 9, 2009

A new "Candy Man"



Scott has decided to take over his dad's roll as the "Candy Man" of our ward. Well, he has the gray hair....and a pocket full of tootsie rolls so I guess he is the best man for the job. Tonight we were at a stake fireside and Scott had tootsie rolls in his pocket. He went up to my friend Melanie's kids and gave them a tootsie roll. Her son Nathan said "Wow Scott....you are getting old." I got a great laugh out of that. Not sure Scott appreciated the humor as much as I did. I told him he needs to work on his technique a bit though. He just hands them the candy. Half the fun for the kids was when grandpa would try and snatch it back. Carolyn said she would give him a few lessons when she comes home next week. I'm sure the tootsie roll company is very happy that someone is taking over Grandpa Jackson's job. I'm sure stocks have been dropping since he has been gone. Here's to the new "Candy Man" May all the dentists in Moses Lake thank you for their business.

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Great Job Scott!!!

Every ward... every small child needs a 'candy man'.

You go Carolyn and teach your Dad all he is supposed to know... you will know just what to do.

ToOdLeS.

Carolyn said...

I DO know what to do. After getting so many pieces of candy from Grandpa, I am a pro at the proper technique.

Grant Haws said...

That's tender.

Stacie Lou said...

Haha! That's wonderful!