Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Mom Moment



Last friday is the day that Chris has been anxiously awaiting. His mission papers were submitted! So....let the guessing begin. He should know in a couple of weeks where he will be spending the next two years. Chris....we are so proud of you. You are such an awesome young man and you are going to be a fantastic missionary. You have such an energetic and fun personality....not to mention that dimple....which makes you totally irresistable. We will miss you like crazy when you go....but you will be in our prayers always. May the Lord bless you for your service. Can't wait to see where you are going. Did I mention mom and dad are so PROUD of you.


Carolyn applied for graduation this summer. She will walk in April but she will be all finished with classes and student teaching next month. She has really enjoyed her student teaching at Springville Junior High. Carolyn...you have such a gift of working with those with special needs. You have such a capacity for love. I can tell that you are very passionate about your work. Your dad and I are so proud of you for all your hard work these past four years. Grandpa Bogey man would be very proud of you for going into education....and extra proud that you majored in special education. Your students will be very lucky to have you.



I got a text from Stacie at the beginning of last week telling me she had applied for graduation. Stacie....we are so proud of you for all your hard work. We wish you continued success as you attend graduate school. You are such a blessing in our lives....and I'm so glad that Kevin fell in love with you and married you. Good luck next semester....with your one and only class.....LUCKY!
I got a text on Friday from Kevin saying he had applied for graduation. Yippee....three of our four down at BYU will walk this spring! Brent.....NO that doesn't mean you get a bigger graduation gift because you will be the only one next time....ha ha. Kevin.....we are proud of you for all your hard work. What a blessing it was for your hard work in highschool to pay off when you received the Hinkley scholarship. I think you have found your niche majoring in English. You are such a talented writer and you have such a love for literature. You will be an excellent professor someday. Good luck in grad school. Keep up the hard work. Sounds like Chris is also interested in Education. Grandpa's buttons would be bursting with pride if all my kids ended up in education. Good luck to both you and Stacie as you apply for grad school.
So....I had an emotional and sentimental day on Friday as Chris's mission papers were submitted and I got the text from Kevin about graduation. I texted Kevin back....and I must have sounded a little cheesy as I told him how proud I was of him. Pretty soon I got a text from Carolyn and she wanted to know if my head was in the freezer. WHAT? I told her "No.....not at the moment....I'm not having a hot flash. Why did you ask that?" She texted back that Kevin thought I must be having a hot flash from all the stuff I wrote in my text to him....so just figured that my head in the freezer would explain a lot. Ha ha.....very funny you two. Mom was just having a MOM moment......and NO MY HEAD WAS NOT IN THE FREEZER.....you nuts!

2 comments:

Lyle and Mary: said...

Well knowing you as well as I do, I can't blame your kids for asking what was in the freezer! jk

Congrats to all of them on all their hard work!
Tell them to cut you some slack on being sentimental. If you hadn't had to work SO DARN HARD to raise these great kids maybe you wouldn't be the cheesy mess you are now. hehe!

ShEiLa said...

What an amazing bunch of kids.
Congrats to all of them.
Thank goodness there is not a quota on Mom moments... or I would have used all mine long ago.

ToOdLeS.