Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wonderful Week




I've had a wonderful week. We finally heard from Elder Jackson on Thurday. It was a very short email but he reports that he is doing well....he loves his companion....and he is working hard. He is in a fast group. After just one week his group is ahead of the group that has been there for three weeks. So....he must be picking his Spanish up quickly. He said the spirit at the MTC is amazing....but he's not to thrilled with the food. He said he is so excited to get to Mexico. Bring on the beans and tortillas.






On Saturday we had the opportunity to go to the temple with one of Chris's very best friends. Tyler has been called to serve in Sao Paulo Brazil and leaves in May. He has been such a blessing in Chris's life. They had so much fun rooming together at college. It is always so great to see these young men grow up and go out and serve the Lord. It was a wonderful day to be in the temple and feel of the spirit there. I got to sit by one of my old laurels. Anne is a returned missionary that served in Italy and she is getting married next month. I love watching these young people grow up. God Bless you Elder Platt as you go out into the mission field.

I have the opportunity to attend sacrament meeting twice a month at the assisted living center. Scott is the high priest group leader and I'm in the relief society presidency so we get to go together. I always return from that meeting with a warm feeling. I am always uplifted by the testimony of the elderly that live there. There is one man that is in his mid 90's and he wheels around in his chair and shuffles his little feet to pass the sacrament to each of us. I always get a little chocked up as I watch him. He can't hear hardly at all anymore....but he sits there week after week....not knowing what is being said....because he knows that is where he is supposed to be. My dear friend Melanie's grandmother is there and she always add such spunk to our meeting. She really likes to tease me and I give it right back to her. There is a non member that comes each week and sits in our meetings. A much younger man that had a stroke a few years ago and is confined to a wheelchair. Then we have Brother Kemper. He got cancer over thirty years ago....and has beat it four times and he has such a strong testimonty of the Savior. I truly love going there and being blessed and spiritually fed by each of them. I'm thankful to Bro. and Sister Willis for assisting in the sacrament meeting each week. Today Scott knelt and blessed the sacrament there and it was so wonderful to see. It has been a wonderful week. I feel like my battery has been charged and I'm ready to take on another week.



1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

It sounds like you have had a wonderful week. I hope this next one is just as good... only maybe a longer e.mail from Chris.

ToOdLeS.