Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Elder Jackson


Paris was incredible. I took over 1000 pictures so it is going to take awhile to downsize some of them for the blog. I look forward to scrapbooking our trip. Paris pictures and stories to come.


I can't believe that it has been a month since I blogged. My new calling has me very busy and I just need to take some time so sit down and do it.


Elder Jackson sent us a really great email a week ago and I wanted to put it on here so I'd have it to remember. He has suffered from the extreme heat and terrible blisters but he is happy to be teaching the people in Guaymas Mexico. He looks great....and happy.....although he hates snakes as you can see in this picture. Here is part of his email.

Well my blisters are somewhat getting better. I have been here for 6 weeks and I'll get a new one every day because the dirt and cobble stone roads... every step is different so my feet get a new one every day in a different spot but they are never super deep anymore... that reminds me of a story. I would like to share an experience with you that I had on June 2 2010, its a little about service and a lot about love. I love my investigators so much and Silvia has realized that... Silvia was waiting on her porch and waiting for the boys of God to walk down her street for lesson 3. She is always so excited and it makes me smile. Anyways, she could see that I was walking with a limp. It was hot and my feet got beat up that day extra hard, blisters with puss and my calluses cracked open and were bleeding. She asked me what was wrong. I said that I had blisters and she said she knew what to do.... "take of your shoes" she said as she chopped a lime in half... I slowly peeled of my socks, when she saw my feet she wept, she could not believe i walked all the way to her house just for her. She thanked me, as she rubbed lime and lemons on my feet for bringing her this message of happiness. I am baptizing her on the 12th of June. She will be a relief society president soon I am pretty sure.

I had tears streaming down my face when I read this. He loves the people he teaches so much and as a mother it was so touching to read about Sylvia showing him love and rubbing his blistered feet with those limes. It is the kind of love that the Savior has for each of us.

No comments: