Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day



Today is Father's day. It is never an easy day for me since my father passed away. I miss my father terribly. I miss him when important things happen in my life and he isn't there to talk to and share in my joy....like when Kevin gave the valedictorian speech at highschool graduation, Carolyn and Kevin getting married, my son's mission calls, university graduation. I wish he were here to experience all of those things with me....but the times I miss him most are just the quiet moments when I get to reflect on how much he taught me......or when the Mariners beat the Yankees and I want to rub it in. I was blessed to have Ted Stewart King as my father. I love you dad.







I was blessed with a second father. My father in law Lloyd was a precious blessing in my life. He was one of the kindest men I have ever met. He loved to tease me....but he also loved to tell me how much he loved me. He taught me so much about integrity and charity. There isn't a person I've met in this town that doesn't speak very highly of dad. I feel privledged to have not only known him.....but to have been his daughter in law. I love and miss you dad.






Last....but certainly not least......Happy Father's day to the greatest father I have ever known. My children are so blessed to have Scott as their dad. He loves them dearly. He is so proud to be their father. I have precious memories of watching him out on the back lawn teaching Chris to fly fish.....or seeing the tear slide down his face as Carolyn danced a solo in her final dance recital.....or the joy in his face as Kevin came home from Brazil and embraced his dad. The best gift I ever gave my children was falling in love with Scott so he could be their dad. I love you babe. Thanks for being such a great example to our children. Happy father's day.

1 comment:

Deanna/Mimi said...

Your posting was very touching and I could feel through your beautiful words the love and admiration you have for the men in your life. You have been very blessed. Your father is most handsome and reminds me of your youngest son.