Saturday, January 29, 2011

Always in my heart

I haven't blogged in almost two months. I guess I just needed a break for a bit. Wasn't in the mood. I've had a lot going on with relief society issues that have mentally taken a toll and so I just have been a little blah for awhile. Today though I got an email from a friend in the ward. It had a link to her daughter's blog and she wanted me to read a post and watch the video on it. It was a youtube video and it was a country music video by an young man in Alberta and it was called Alberta bound. There were so many beautiful scenes of the place where I grew up and I got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye and suddenly I was very homesick for the place I once called home. Moses Lake is my home now and I love it here. It was a great place to raise my children and they had great opportunities available to them in the schools and yet we are a small town.....but whenever I go home to Canada and I see those Rockie mountains I am reminded of how much I loved growing up there. I still think that Southern Alberta is one of the most beautiiful places in the world. You begin with the rolling foothills full of wheat fields blowing in the ever so present Southern Alberta wind, and they lead to the majesty of the mountains. I grew up just a half hours drive from Waterton National park and I've traveled to many places thoughout my life and I've never seen anything more beautiful than the lakes and mountains in Waterton. What a blessing it was to be able to grow up there and see the beautiful hand of God in his creations. I guess a part of my heart will always be in Southern Alberta.

No comments: