Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How do I spend Spring Break?


I am so blessed to be able to spend Spring Break teaching seminary. The highschool is off for a week....but the running start students still have seminary. So, Brother Welty can have Spring Break with his family I usually end up teaching early morning seminary that week. I am not a morning person......NOT AT ALL!! That alarm getting me up at 5:30 is hard....but when I get there and see the smiles on their faces and their desire to learn about the gospel I am invigorated. Today we had a great lesson on how the Lord knows us individually. Rianne came up after class and gave me a hug and said "I always leave your lessons on such a spiritual high. Thanks so much for teaching" I've mentioned that I'm not a morning person.....but during spring break I sure am.....I get my battery charged by going in there and teaching such amazing youth. Some of these kids will soon be in the mission field and the preparation they recieve in seminary will make them more prepared missionaries. I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to be the substitute in seminary and institute.

1 comment:

Stacie Lou said...

That is so tender. Teaching is the best. I love the opportunity to teach in church. It is great to hear from the youth and to be reminded of why we believe what we beieve.