Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's about time...

It's about time.....that I updated the blog. Wow....it has been almost two months since I posted. I guess I just needed a break.

It's about time....that we got highspeed! This will make blogging so much easier. It took forever to upload photos.

It's about time....that I tell you that we had a wonderful visit with our missionary on Mother's day. He had a terrible headache....sounded like another migraine. He was very sad that he'd gotten a call that morning that he would be transferred to Hermosillo the next morning. He loved that little town Nacozari...and he loved the people there so much. I know he cried when he had to tell them goodbye. The branch was sad that he had to leave. They sang "God be with you till we meet again" Although he felt icky it would so good to talk to him and he was excited about his new companion he would be getting from Tonga. Hard to believe that we only have one call left....christmas....and then two months after that he'll be home.

It's about time.... I talk about my great birthday surprise. Scott let me be pampered that day. I woke up and there was a card on my pillow with a gift certificate to the spa. I got a hot wax treatment on my hands and feet. All wrapped in warm packs....and it was so soothing for my sore joints. I had a warm lavendar pack on my eyes....and I just layed back and relaxed. It was so worth it! Thanks babe! That night we switched to anniversary mode and went out for a wonderful dinner to Michaels on the Lake. I got to talk to a lot of friends that day....and got birthday emails and texts. It was a great day.

It's about time.... I wrote that we had a wonderful memorial day weekend. Ted and his family came over. Scott barbecued ribs and asparagus on the grill and he made his cheesecake....yum. That night we started a fire and the kids roasted marshmellows for smores. Kobe said "This is an adventure." He's a city boy. Scott showed him how to use the pocket knife to get his roasting stick prepared. That night Scott and Kobe went hunting for night crawlers. When Kobe came in he told his mom "I'm a man now." I really laughed about that one. It was great to be with family for the weekend.

It's about time.... I say how very blessed I am. With so much chaos in the world...I have an inner peace....and it comes from seeing my kids happy and doing well. Things have been pretty stressful at the hospital and I'm just glad that when all else is tumbling down....my family is my strength and my joy!

It's about time.....my body adjust to this new medication. I am tired of feeling icky. Feels like I have morning sickness every day. Trust me.....that is not it!!!! If it was....I'd be rich because my OBGYN would be making my house payments....ha ha.

It's about time....for summer to begin. It has been so chilly and wet around here this spring. I lost almost all my rose bushes. I was pretty bummed about that.

It's about time.....I call it a night. Thanks to highspeed I will be posting more often now. Oh wait....I need time to do that.....it's about time I had some of that!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yay! Love your post! I hope you adjust to your new meds soon. Love you!