Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Boy or Girl?



After commencement we headed over to Carolyn and Brent's. There were about 15 of us. We had been trying to trick Carolyn into telling us the sex of the baby for two days...but she never slipped. They made cupcakes and in the center they put either pink of blue food coloring...but we didn't know which. All but two of us voted we thought it was a boy.


Carolyn said "Don't shout it out....let everyone bite in and figure it out" Well.....Brent's dad doesn't follow instructions very well and when he yelled "It's a GIRL" I got so excited I dropped my cupcake on the floor. The most tender moment was when Scott stood up and hugged Carolyn and with a tear in his eye he said "My little girl is having a girl" My heart melted. That little girl is going to have her dad and her grandpa wrapped around her finger.




Chayla is Brent's cousin. She and Chris have been friends since birth. THey are three weeks apart and they have grown up together. She is just part of the family. She reached over and snuggled up to scott and said "Hi dad" I had to take a picture.

No comments: