Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A great day


September 13th is always a day that I usually like to avoid. Just go from the 12th to the 14th....and skip the whole day. It's a day that takes me back to the past....and one I'd wished had never happened. It's one of those days every year that I've found it is just easier to stay in bed...and pull up the covers. But this year I had plans....and it turned out to be a fantastic day. I went to tri cities to see my friend Mel and take her to lunch for her birthday that was on sunday. Well....for the last ten plus years I've been getting highlights in my hair. I told Mel it was time for a change. She asked me if I trusted her. I said "Sure!" So......I am a very dark brunette....and I love it! It was just the change I needed. I texted Scott and said "You're going to have a new wife to come home to tonight" We had a great lunch...and caught up. Oh I miss Melanie. We took the beast with us....her three year old....that I adore. He said he was best friends with his grandmimi....and I asked what about me? He said I'm his best friend too. Do you think it was because of that bag of candy I brought? Hmmmm? It was a beautiful fall day that felt much more like summer with the temps hitting 98 degrees. But I don't know if it was a hug from the beast....lunch with my friend....or my new hair....but I had a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I think it was the combination of all three. I think i should spend every Sept. 13th like that. It was much better than hiding under the covers. And to top it off....Stacie had an ultrasound and the little one has a strong healthy heartbeat. So excited for these babies to arrive.

3 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

missdaleen said...

Okay, you sold me. If dying your hair and having lunch with a girlfriend can make you have a happy delicious day....then I am going to try it.

I just love how your mind works.

ps. Your Mr. Right is one lucky man!

Carolyn said...

You put a picture up! I like it, keep it dark!