Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hello mom

Moses Lake can have some some of the most beautiful sunsets. My mother in law lived right next door to us and she would sit and watch the sun set from her big living room window. On the days that they were extra pretty she would always call and say "Stop everything you're doing and go out and watch the sun set." I have missed her so much since she passed away. She was not only my mother in law....she was one of my closet and dearest friends. I always here of scary mother in law stories. Mom was the greatest. When my kids were little I'd go over there every day and we'd sit and visit. I learned many things from here....the most important....how to be a mother in law. I hope I am one just like her. Well....the other night I happened to glance out the window....and this is what I saw. I grabbed my camera and ran out to take a picture. When I see sunsets like that I always think it is mom saying hello to me in her special way.....and letting me know she is still very close....and in our hearts forever.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I would be willing to bet it was Grandma. I miss her, too. You really did luck out in the in-law department.