Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Prankster

Scott got called to be the ward mission leader last Sunday. I was very excited about his new calling. I love having the missionaries over and it is always so much fun getting to know them. We are going to feed them breakfast on Sunday mornings before their meetings. That will be nice.

Well, I was quite the prankster when I was a young woman....and the target of my pranks most often was the missionaries. My friend Leanne and I liked to pull as many stunts as possible. Some of our more famous ones were sneaking in their place while they were gone and soaking down their p-day clothes and putting them in the freezer. There was the time we saran wrapped their car and then tied it up with a beautiful bow. I think our best stunt was when the elders moved they had a basement apartment and you had to go down a stairwell to get to it. A bunch of us girls saved newspapers for a month and we completely filled the stairwell with crumpled up newspaper. It was glorious. It took them quite a while to be able to reach their apartment.

Now.....don't think all of this went unpunished. They retaliated several times. I had my letterman's jacket stolen in the dead of winter and was walking home from school with my jacket that wasn't near as warm when the missionaires drove by.....and Elder Armstrong was wearing my coat!!! UGH! Then there was the time that my dad looked out the window as we were headed to bed and saw that the car had been turned around in the carport. So, we went out and after about 30 minutes of careful manuvering we were able to get it back in the right place. When we woke up the next morning the car was sideways again. My dad thought it was some of my friends. Nope......zone conference in town and 8 elders just picked up the car and turned it around. They sat and giggled in the bushes across the street as we manuvered back in place. Those turkeys.
So, with Scott's new calling all sorts of possibilities cropped up in my mind. Well, it hasn't been a week yet.....and I've already started. This one was just to easy.








Elder Farnsworth called yesterday and I said "What have you done?" He said "I broke my bike." "How did you manage that Elder?" "Well, Sis. Jackson....when you are riding really fast and you hit the curb sometimes it can bend your back wheel." After inquiring to make sure he was okay I asked what I could do to help him. He told me that he had borrowed a bike from the Bakers but it was Anne's or Jills. He wondered if we had a bike to borrow. Now, I know I should have been sympathetic and compassionate.....but seriously.....this was going to be to easy. "Is the bike pink elder?" He answered in a quiet voice "Kind of purple....but it is a girls bike Sis. Jackson." I told him that it was a good thing he goes home in a month so he will only have to suffer humiliation for a few more weeks. He could tell that I wasn't to concerned about his problem.

Well, lastnight they stopped by and it was dark when it was time to head home so they left their bikes here for the night. Now come on! You should never make it that easy! So, when Elder Farnsworth arrived this morning to retrieve his bike it had pretty purple streamers hanging from the handlebars and a pretty decoration in his spokes. If he is going to have a girls bike it might as well be really pretty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HA ha you are so MEAN. Just Kidding.


YOU are going to be a GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is way exciting!