Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day


I LOVE CANADA. This is the home of my childhood. I have fond memories of trips to Waterton to picnic in the Rocky Mountains. It is a beautiful country. The beaches of PEI and the rolling foothills of Southern Alberta and even the flat plains of Saskatchewan all make for a beautiful country. Sure....we have some funny ways.....like I still really don't understand the whole Loony and Toony thing....why carry around all those coins. And our allegiance to the Queen has always baffled me....but it was a good country to grow up in. I have fond memories of Canada Day spent in Raymond with all of my family. My cousins and aunt will be gathered today for a feast....a parade....and the stampede. Fond memories.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Happy Canada Day to you, too! I bet Rory holds a special place for it in his heart too. :) I saw Kevin made a post on Canada Day as well. How fun to have two holidays so close together to celebrate. Heck! Maybe I'll start celebrating it too! :D