Thursday, July 23, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame


A couple weeks ago we went with our friends Bruce and Jackie over to a Mariners game in Seattle. We didn't go at all last year....perhaps because they were the 2nd worse team in baseball.....but I've been dying to get over to a game since Griffey came back home. It was a lot of fun.....and we got GARLIC FRIES! I love those things. Nothing like a ballgame and some garlic fries to say it's summer.





The crowd went wild when he stepped to the plate. He even got more cheers than Ichiro. Griffey has always been well respected in Seattle. It was so good to see him in Marniner blue again after all these years. His swing is as sweet as ever. He had such an awesome game. He went 3 for 4.

We sat on the third base side and when Griffey reached third I was going crazy. I love watching him play.....but he sure isn't as fast as he used to be. He scored from 1st on one play and when he got to the dugout....out of breath....Ichiro went over and checked his pulse to see if he was still alive. Good thing he can still hit it a long way.....because he would never make it to first these days.
We lost the game. I knew when I saw that Morrow was on the mound that we didn't have a chance. That guy was terrible. Who cares if you can pitch 100 miles an hour......if you can't get it in the strike zone you'll lose every game. We did stage a comeback in the 9th though and we were only down by two....two on.....two out.....Griffey on deck......fans on their feet yelling.......and then in one swing the game is over and we lost another one......UGH. Would have been awesome if Griffey stepped to the plate and knocked a grand salami out of the park.

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I found Tony's Mariner shirt in the back of his closet last week. It's all washed and ready to go... I wonder if it will make it to the suitcase for the trip??? All of his clothes are so BIG. WE finally just got him 2 new pair of jeans and 2 shirts. He wears a Medium and weighs less than Ted and Stewart... and Elijah and Jordan for that matter.

ToOdLeS.

ps. I have never been into baseball but Tony sure has missed it... he wants to see a Dodger game... Why the Dodgers? I am not sure. I bet his Braves shirt gets in the suitcase... he always is wearing that one.

ShEiLa said...

pss.
I have never had garlic fries. They sound yummy.

Melanie said...

Chandra - I have a new love for baseball games! We went to one in Denver and San Francisco this year. They are so fun! And garlic fries ARE amazing. I loved them. Yum! :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ahhhh, Chandra....we went to a Mariner's game (my first pro game ever) this spring and Griffey saved the game it was great!

I always wondered who bought those garlic fries and now I know! Those things are STRONG.