Friday, July 29, 2011

First Fish

Scott took Carolyn and Brent down to the creek while they were home for a visit last week. Carolyn had been wanting to go since she arrived. She always likes fishing with her dad. Well....they had a lot of success and they all caught one.....this is Brent's fish. Notice who is holding it? You'd think that this was the fish Scott caught. Nope.....Brent just didn't want to touch it. I laughed so hard when I heard that one. Brent's this big six foot plus guy....and he wouldn't touch the fish. Carolyn teased him about it the rest of the week....and since he married into the family....you can bet that Carolyn wasn't the only one. Scott and I were happy to join in on the teasing. I wouldn't be surprised if Scott still teases him about it in years to come. Glad Brent is such a good sport about us teasing him. We sure love that guy. Glad they had so much fun down there and caught some fish. When they go fishing though it makes me miss grandpa Jackson. He would have loved to have been a part of that. I remember when he came home from one of his fishing trips with Chris and said "Crimenently....I'm not taking him anymore" Grandpa was getting pretty shaky at the time....and he said "That dang Chris had three fish reeled in before I even bait my hook" Grandpa was all talk though. He and Chris had several more fishing experiences together. What a blessing it has been to live out here in the country and to have crab creek running through the pasture. It has made for unforgettable memories with my kids.

No comments: