Monday, November 24, 2008

I've been tagged

Thanks for tagging me Carolyn.
Seven things I am thankful for......wow.....I have so many blessings that it is tough to narrow it down to seven things.
1. I'm thankful for my incredible family. I have a husband that loves me dearly. I am grateful for all the little things he does.....like scrape my car windows on a cold morning, bring me flowers just because I've had a bad day, and make me delicious meals when I just don't have the strength at the end of the day. I have three wonderful children that bless my life in so many ways. I am so thankful that the Lord entrusted them to my care. I have learned so much from each of them. They have each grown into amazing adults and they have so many wonderful qualities.
Kevin-He has always had a strong testimony of the gospel. He is a great listener. He celebrates the differences in others. He can think for himself.
Carolyn-She is so caring to those with special needs. They adore her. She has the ability to laugh at herself. She loves with her whole heart.
Chris-He is my comedian. There isn't a day go by that he doesn't make me laugh really hard. He loves animals as much as people. He likes to serve.
I'm thankful for the 2 others that my kids have brought into the family.
Brent is a wonderful man and his laughter is infectious. He is so loving to my daughter.
Stacie is such a delight. She is the perfect fit into our family. She is loving and caring and she has so many qualities that I admire.

2. I am thankful for a Savior that loves me in spite of my weaknesses. I'm thankful that He has been right beside me through the difficult and challenging times in life. I'm thankful that when I'm at the end of my rope and feel like I have nothing left to hang on He grabs me and says "I will take over now." He is my rock. I'm thankful for His atoning sacrifice.

3. I am thankful for friends. I have the most wonderful friends and they have been a source of strength and comfort to me. Each of them enhance my life in different ways, and each has been a blessing.

4. I am thankful for my part time job as a seminary teacher. I get to teach the gospel to the youth that are eager to learn. I have so much fun when I teach. I always come away spiritually fed. They teach me as much or more as I teach them. The youth in the Moses Lake stake are so strong and they are a joy to be around.

5. I am thankful for bad days of health. I know.....this probably doesn't make sense. The bad days make me appreciate the good days so much more. When you live your life in physical pain, even a mediocre day is a blessing. So, I'm thankful that those bad days have made me not take the good ones for granted.

6. I am thankful for parents that taught me right from wrong. They taught me to love others and to embrace the differences in others. They taught me to be my very best. They taught to me bring honor to my name. They became wonderful grandparents to my children. They bless my childrens lives in so many ways. My dad is gone, but his memory is strong in my children's minds as they recall the golfing trips and slurpie runs with grandpa.

7. I am thankful for my younger brother. I am thankful that he only lives a couple of hours away. He has been very supportive of me through the years. He is a wonderful uncle to my kids. I'm thankful for the wonderful lady he married. She completes him. I'm thankful for the children he had.....they like to tease their aunt chandra....but they are such a blessing in my life.

Okay Kevin. You've been tagged.

No comments: