Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Victory

I watched anxiously all evening for the polls across the nation to close. I have been inspired by this man for several years. When he first spoke at the democratic convention years ago I knew that he had a promising future in government. He captured the passion of a nation. I was electrified today as I saw people all over the country wait in long lines and in bad weather for a chance to vote in this historic election. Tears filled my eyes as he spoke tonight. This wasn't an election about red states and blue states...this was an election about America....and the hope of a brighter future ahead. It was about the hope of mending a nation in war and in economic peril. I have hope that Obama can pull us out of this crisis. It was wonderful to see people of all colors, faiths, and political backgrounds join together in this movement. We are the United States of America. This is the most amazing country in the world. I was very impressed with Senator Mccain's speech tonight. I may not agree with his policies but at one time I had great respect for him. When he spoke tonight he reminded me of the John Mccain I used to know. I admire him for his service to this country and I admired him tonight for calming the crowd and asking them to join him in coming together to support the next president of the United States. May we all heed that call and join together to strengthen rather than divide this great nation. I'm so proud of President Elect Obama and all that he has accomplished. I hope that his grandmother had the best seat in the house tonight. I am sure she is over joyed at his success. May God bless the United States of America.

1 comment:

Grant Haws said...

When he won it was like that final scene in Return of the Jedi where people are celebrating across the galaxy...such a magical day.