Saturday, May 23, 2009

Taste of the empty nest



Chris has been away for an entire week. He went to Disneyworld with one of his childhood friends. He and Kade became friends in kindergarten. They remained friends for years and it was really sad when Kade moved the summer before they went in to highschool. When they were little Kade always said that he was taking Chris on his senior trip. After he moved I just figured that he would take someone from New Mexico. Well, he called Chris up and asked him to come. They have been having a marvelous time. The weather has been terrible and Chris said there are alligators right up by the road from having all the rain. Lines at Disneyworld were much shorter though. I can't wait to see all of his pictures and hear about his trip. I must say....it has been rather quiet around here without his laughter. I have missed him terribly. I guess I'd better get used to it. He will be headed off to college before I can turn around.


I have had a busy week while Chris has been away. I taught seven straight days of seminary. What a delight. I hadn't had these classes yet this year and what a great group of youth. It was just a joy to teach them. We are studying New Testament this year and the seminary lessons are wonderful as we talk about the Savior and his love and sacrifice for us. I'm so thankful that I have this opportunity to work for the CES program in the church. I'm so thankful that my children have had such wonderful seminary teachers as they have received their gospel instruction.

3 comments:

Lyle and Mary: said...

Those students are lucky to have you as well, when they need a substitute.
You WILL get used to the peace and quiet, and trust me, you WILL even learn to like it.

ShEiLa said...

Chandra,

I don't think you will like an empty nest on a regular basis. I don't. I miss my little kids. the ones that used to need my help.

It is hard being a producer and director... and then going from that to audience member.

I am glad that Carolyn decided to be there for Christopher's graduation. Your Mother will sure enjoy seeing her as well as Stacie and Kevin. I guess you will have a full house.

Thank you for printing up all the stuff I e.mailed for your Mom. I appreciate it so much. I am glad the package got there as well.

ToOdLeS.

ps. WE got the grad announcement. Thank you.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Thanks to you for being a great teacher. You're a great friend, too, and I appreciate it.