Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I really need to update more often

I made a quick and unexpected trip to Utah a couple of weeks ago. I went to help Carolyn and Brent get moved into their new apartment and to help Carolyn after she suffered a miscarriage. It was an emotional trip for me....but I'm so glad I went. I love my daughter dearly and I'm glad that I was able to be there for her during a difficult time. I love you bug! We ate out a lot. I got to try some new things in Provo. I had a tasty steak salad from Coasta Vida. I took the gang to our favorite place Tecano's for some great brazilian food. I stayed an extra day and spent the day with Kevin and Stacie and her brother Grant. We drove up to Heber. It was just beautiful and the snow on Mt. Timpanogus was breathtaking. We hiked up this little hill and there was a meadow with a lone dead tree in it. It was the most beautiful view of the mountain. The morning I flew out I took the kids to Kneaders for breakfast. I had heard about this place but never went. The french toast was the thickest toast I had ever seen. It was delicious....served with this tasty syrup and fresh whip cream and strawberries. Yum.


We have been busy with baseball. Tonight is Senior night at the field. I am bringing kleenex. I can't even imagine the number of hours we have spent on a baseball field since Chris was 5 years old. The chiefs are in a three way tie for first place. All three teams have league games tonight. There may be a playoff for the top division spot.

Saturday got off to a bit of a rough start. We got a phone call around 9am that Lloyd had taken a tumble and the ambulance was on its way to the nursing home. This was dad's second trip to the ER in six weeks. This time he hit his head and needed stitches. He looks like he lost a fight with a baseball bat. There was so much blood. The ER was so busy and so Scott gloved up and cleaned dad up. It took about 40 minutes and a bottle of peroxide to get all the blood from his hair. I watched and Scott lovingly cared for his father. There were no beds at the hospital so after stitching him up and making sure there were no skull fractures they sent him back to the nursing home. He hasn't been quite the same the last couple of days. It breaks my heart.






It was prom this weekend. The kids had so much fun. They went to dinner at Eddie's. There were 10 other kids in their group. When it was time for the bill they found out that Randy had come in and paid for everyone. His daughter was in the group. He also let the kids use his physical therapy office for an after prom party. They decorated it. Randy brought down the big screen tv for movies and they had the sno shack moved to the office so they could have sno-cones. These boys are saving money for a mission.....so no limo for them.....plus they like to be different. The decorated a motor home and that is how they went to the dance. Chris said they were all dancing in there and it was a blast.



Kelcey looked like a princess in her dress. It is hard to see in the pictures but it is ballerina pink. It laced up the back. It was beautiful.








4 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

Kelcey looks pretty, but I have to admit, they look like they are getting married in these pictures. I suggest a darker shade of pink in the future.

I'm glad you were here. It was fun to be with you and to spend time with so much family. I hope Kevin and I can come up soon to see Grandpa again and everyone. We miss you and love you very much!

Unknown said...

I feel so bad about grampa. Is there anything I can do. I just want to leave right now.... but I can't I have to finsh my 8th grade year so I can go to high school. The second I get out of school I will be up there.

So you went to all those places.... but you didn't drive and HOUR to come see your favorite neice! What is this???? HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!!!

Lyle and Mary: said...

Wow, your life has been crazy lately! Glad Lloyd didn't break anything in the fall. I will call you when I get in the US in 2wks. Tyler is here visiting now. Tell Christopher congrats. I still want an announcement! Send it to Lisa's!

Unknown said...

I guess so. It hurt but they look just like new. The kid who triped me feels so bad but I know it was not on purpose, so all is well.