Monday, July 19, 2010

A humble missionary


Today was email day from Chris. Some days I worry more than others with him in Mexico. There was a massacre this weekend in one of the border states down there....and I had a hard time sleeping lastnight as the violence in those border missions is escalting....and some days I wish he was just about anywhere else in the world....and then I get an email that touches my soul and I remember that Chris prayed to be sent to Mexico....it is where he wanted to serve....and the experiences that he is having there are shaping his life and will help make him into the man he will become. I wanted to share his email today. Hello family! ill send missionary moments.. Hey ML 5TH WARD! Mexico has been a great place for me to serve a mission, very humbling. Every other friday we eat with a Family that makes 8 american dollars a day. They dont eat with us, they watch us eat. Anyways when i was walking to the house i saw a boy of the Family, i said HEY! you excited to eat with us!, What he said changed my life... ¨Elder Jackson when we feed the missionaries we dont eat that day´´ I did not know what to say, I love this family so much they sacrifice everything. When they asked me if i wanted more food i said no, but they still put more on my plate. These people are the most loving peole i have ever met in my life. They dont know the difference between Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and Elder Christopher Jackson because we both have Elder, they think its equal. Im loving the mission, its the best place for me to be. At times i wish i had running water, cold air, washing machine, but at times i dont even notice im missing them. I love Mexico I Love MY MISSION!

Okay thats my missionary moments, im not going to lie, i cried when the boy told me that but it looked like sweat so i still have a good rep haha.
Chris loves the people of mexico......I know he is where he is suppossed to be.

4 comments:

Grant Kellie said...

Oh my gosh, that was so tender. What a good kid and what nice people.

Stacie Lou said...

Very tender. I shouldn't have read it at work. I might be hiding behind my computer screen right now so my coworkers don't see me crying.

Dustin and Tara said...

That is a really neat story about that family that goes w/o food to feed the missionaries. I want to read that to the boys!

I love all your Paris pictures....what memories!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man. We have so much. Thanks for making me grateful.