Friday, June 5, 2009

Kleenex anyone?


I've been meaning to blog about senior night for baseball for a few weeks but things got a little hectic around here when dad took a turn for the worse. So, now I'm playing catch up with the blog. Chris pitched a few innings of relief on senior night. He played right field for the chiefs this year and he was their middle reliever on the mound. When Blaine got hurt Chris had to be the starting pitcher in a few games. He had a really good season on the mound. He really perfected his curve ball and it was really difficult to hit. Even the state champion Richland bombers couldn't hit his curve.





Mom sneaking a kiss





Senior night was rather emotional. One of the mothers did some calculating and figured that since these kids started playing allstars together when they were 11 that they have played about 700 games. That is a lot of baseball. We have traveled all over the state and into Idaho and Oregon for summer ball. There were 7 seniors on the Moses Lake Highschool varsity team this year. All seven are the baby in the family. So, lots of moms tearing up on senior night. We decided we could have been a kleenex commercial. Thanks Chris for all the wonderful years and memories we will cherish of watching you on the field. You played with all your heart.
Well, bring on more kleenex. Tonight my baby graduates from highschool. I just don't know where the time went. It passed so very quickly. Somewhere between the swimming pool and the ball field he grew up and is ready to leave the nest. Not sure that I am as ready as he is but I'm excited for him as he will head off to college and room with one of his best friends. He is also excited about filling out his paperwork for his mission. He is taking steps to prepare spiritually and he has grown so much as he prepares. Chris has been an absolute joy in our home. He fills our home with laughter. He sent me a text the other day and said he thought he was predestined to bring laughter to the Jackson house. I think he's right. His wonderful sense of humor has brightened our lives. What a blessing he has been and what a joy it has been raising him. I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father entrusted him to our care. Way to go Chris! You are about to begin a new journey in your life. Remember who you are....and remember that we love you very much and we are so proud of the man you have become. Good luck buddy roo. We are always going to be right here if you need us. Now spread your wings.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool cousin! It was so nice to see you... Hopefully we will be up there in July!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

***I made a spelling mistake and tried to delete my comment so I could fix it.... Woops! :)***
Oh! Reading this made me smile, but also a little teary. Caitlyn is right... what a cool cousin. It seems so weird that he is graduating and preparing for a mission. I swear that just the other day you were hauling him off to his bedroom and he was screaming over his shoulder "No! The Claw has chosen me!" (Toy Story.) He is so handsome and he really does carry the spirit with him. All of your kids ROCK!

ShEiLa said...

What a sweet and tender tribute to your baby boy. He has accomplished so much... and its only the beginning.

ToOdLeS.

ps. Congratulations Topher!

melanie said...

I can't believe how fast it goes. Scary! Congrats Chris! I can't wait until my kids teach your kids how to pillow fight, ha ha! Have a FUN summer!