Monday, September 21, 2009

Peaches


I knew that our peaches would be ready when we got home from our trip. They were just beginning to ripen as we left. I didn't want them going to waste so I told my friend Val to come take some and our neighbors to take some as well. There were still quite a few when we returned. We've had a great time on them. We've had peach jello, peaches and cream, a couple of peach cobblers. I'm sad that we finished them up lastnight. They were so sweet and delicious. I love having peach trees in my yard and getting to enjoy the delights of fresh peaches in the fall. I wish my dad were alive. He loved fresh peach pie. Cooking for two is a lot different than cooking for a family. It was one big peach cobbler....so we took some to the Skinners and she gave us peach jam in return. YUM!

2 comments: