Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Temple Day



On the 22nd of December we had the wonderful opportunity of joining with Chris as he went through the Columbia River Temple. What a marvelous experience. We watched as family and friends joined with Chris in this spiritual occasion in his life. The feelings were so strong that day.

The family stopped for a moment to take some pictures before Chris had to go inside. Inside we were also joined by Uncle Tom and Aunt M'Lee, Milo and Melanie Bushman, and Les and Janine Michie, and Bakers. I can't even begin to express the overwhelming sense of joy it was to be together as an entire family within the walls of the temple. It was very emotional for me. Seeing my children all there embracing one another was one of the best days of my entire life. It was a moment that I will cherish forever. I don't really know when exactly it was when Chris went from being a boy to a man.....but it happened somewhere between baseball games and swimmeets.....and what a wonderful man he has grown into.
Kelcey joined us on the trip to the temple. She was a trooper. She sat in the waiting room for a couple of hours as she waited for Chris
to be done. I'm glad she could join us on this special day.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I am so glad that you had such a memorable day all together as a family. Wish I could have been there.

ToOdLeS.