Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We are going to Paris!!!!!!!!!!!


So....Scott has been bugging me about getting my passport. I need to get back into the United States from Canada now....and I'm the only one in the family that didn't have one yet. So.....he even went so far as leaving me notes reminding me to go get it. Well.....now it all makes sense. Christmas morning there was a package that said "Open last" It was my present from Scott. He wrote me the most beautiful letter. Told me how much he appreciated me being there to help him while dad was sick. It was just beautiful....and then he told me that he had been thinking of how he could show me how much he appreciated me. The next envelope had an all the information about our trip to Paris for our 25th anniversary. What? I started to cry. Of all the cities in the world it is Paris that I have always dreamed of visiting some day. My dad served his mission in France and he took several trips to Paris with my mom and his french class. Somehow.....I got the trip to Quebec.....what a ripoff....ha ha. Well....since my dad passed away I've had even more of a desire to walk along the Seinne River and see the gardens and visit the museums of Paris. I can't even begin to express how excited I am. We will spend our anniversary in June in Paris!!!! It is almost unbelievable to me. Such an awesome gift.....and it overwhelmed me. Scott has always wanted to go back to St. Lucia where he served his mission.....and instead he picks the place that I want to go. How loving and unselfish. I can't wait until we go. Thanks babe. I can't wait to spend time with you in Paris.

5 comments:

Mike and Lisa said...

Thats awesome! Thats on my list of things I hope to see someday too...

ShEiLa said...

What a guy...
and you are his lucky girl.
That will be a very fun trip.
Quite the Christmas gift for sure.

ToOdLeS.

Melanie said...

Oh... Wow...!!!! That's awesome! I hope you have a ball. :)

Brittany said...

Are you kidding, I would LOVE to visit Quebec! I suppose Paris would be even cooler though. Have fun!

Dustin and Tara said...

WHAT? I can't believe you didn't tell me! That is really neat that Scott surprised you! One good tip for you....just don't do what we did. Be at Notre Dame and see the Eiffel Tower and think "that doesn't look to far" and decide to WALK to the Eiffel Tower. After walking, and walking (with 2 kids, one kid in a cheap stroller, and 2 backpacks) we finally made it! We laugh now, but it wasn't funny at the time. Just looked tonight....it was a 3.7 miles walk! We loved the food and all the sites in Paris. You will Love it. Exciting!