Monday, October 12, 2009

Canadian Thanksgiving



We had a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving with great friends and delicious food. We spent the day in Bainbridge Island.






It was a gorgeous clear day and when we crested the hill at Ryegrass we had a perfect view of Mt. Rainer in the distance. It looked majestic.






The drive over was so beautiful. The autumn colors were glorious with bursts of red among the gold. As we were arriving by ferry to the island the sailboats in the distance with a backdrop of color was just amazing. I could spend days out there on the island.






We were invited to dinner at my friends Drew and Ross's. This year they had a theme and they used so many things from their garden. The dinner was delicious and the company was wonderful. Got to spend some time visiting with Ross's girls. They are sweethearts. We really enjoyed the entire day and are already looking forward to next year. Thanks Drew, Ross, Hayley and Claire. We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Your Mom and I tried to see this first thing today... but it wasn't up yet.

I am glad you had a great time...
now I better go get your Mom. She will want to read about it.

ToOdLeS.

Stacie Lou said...

I hope you got to have some delicious sweet potatoes again! Mmmm...my mouth is watering at the thought. I forgot to remind you, by the way, that my finger twitched a little as we grew close to the White House. I think Obama was near!

Lyle and Mary: said...

Nice fall pictures. Glad you could celebrate with some fellow Canadians!