Friday, October 16, 2009

Secrets?????

I had been eagerly awaiting for yesterday to arrive. A week ago Chris called and said he was coming home on the 15th for his mission interview with the stake president so his papers can be submitted to Salt Lake. Then he said "Mom....don't tell dad. I want to surprise him." So....I told Scott he was coming on the 23rd as planned. I was so excited all week....not just to see Chris....but to surprise Scott. So, lastnight I told Scott to eat a snack because we were having a late dinner with Milo and Melanie because they had some news. He wondered why we had to eat so late. I told him they were at soccer with the kids. So....we arrived at the restaurant....and I told the waitress we needed 6 places. I told Scott they were bringing a couple of the kids. I really needed room for Chris and three of the kids that came with him. Well, about 10 minutes later Chris walked up to the table and Scott looked up at him and then at me...but that was his only reaction. Huh? He had a touque on so I thought maybe he didn't recognize him. I said "Scott. It is Chris." He said "I know....aren't you surprised to see him?" I said "No. I knew he was coming....but why aren't you more excited." Chris was dying laughing. He had told each of us he was coming....but not to tell the other. That little stinker pulled a fast one. So...all week we have both been so excited about surprising the other....and both of us knew the secret all along.
We are so happy to have him home for a couple of days. He looks great and from the stories he tells us from school it is obvious that he is very happy down in Rexburg. Morgan was so excited to see him. Her tail was wagging like crazy....and she ran right to him. Scott and Chris got up early and headed to the creek to fish for some trout. I am teaching seminary this afternoon and Chris and some of his friends are coming to class.....that will be nice. All these boys that are getting ready for their missions. They look great! Chris went out with his friends lastnight and when he arrived home he peeked his head in and checked in. Just like old times. I really liked it. Oh I have missed that boy.

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Playing both ends against the middle... what a joker you raised.

I will go and get your Mom so she can read this.

ToOdLeS.

Lyle and Mary: said...

They say the apple never fall to far from the tree. I think Chris is just giving you both back a little of what you probably deserve. Way to work it Chris!